Comradeship is a vital part of what we look to deliver at Lothians Veterans' Centre. We see it as a way for ex-service personnel and their families to meet new people, talk and share experiences and ultimately make friends. The following organisations provide a haven for likeminded veterans who seek to remain close to their fellows in a social environment. We can act as a signpost for those seeking further assistance and information.
The second Sunday in November, the Sunday nearest to 11th November. The day traditionally put aside to remember and commemorate all those who "gave everything" for the peace that we enjoy today.
On this day, two minutes' silence is held at 11am across the World to allow people to pause and reflect on the ultimate sacrifices made by our British and Commonwealth service personnel in the two World Wars and up-to Present Day Conflicts.
Lothians Veterans Centre STEER Coordinator Steven Williams represented the charity and laid a wreath at the Remembrance Service at Edinburgh City Chambers on Sunday 8th November 2015.
Remembrance Sunday will fall on Sunday 13th November 2016
- 12th November 2017
- 11th November 2018
The following dates will be marked during the Centenary of World War I
- 25 April 2015 - The Gallipoli Operation
- 22 May 2015 - The Quintinshill Train Crash near Gretna
- 25th September 2015 - The Battle of Loos
- 31 May 2016 - The Battle of Jutland
- 9 April 2017 - The Battle Arras
- 11 November 2018 - Armistice Day Commemoration of the end of World War I
- 1 January 2019 - The HMY Lolarie Disaster 100 years on